AI Showcase Expands and Relocates at RSNA 2019
Released: July 31, 2019
OAK BROOK, Ill. (July 31, 2019) — The Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) will feature an expanded artificial intelligence (AI) presence at its 105th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting (RSNA 2019) at McCormick Place in Chicago.
The RSNA annual meeting has become a must-see event for radiologists and healthcare professionals interested in learning about AI. The RSNA 2019 AI Showcase, sponsored by Zebra Medical Vision, offers an exciting destination for meeting attendees focused on AI.
Debuting in a new, larger space on a lower level in the North Building, the showcase expansion allows RSNA to create a central hub of AI activities for RSNA attendees.
"Many RSNA meeting attendees seek out AI subject matter," said Steve Drew, RSNA Assistant Executive Director of Scientific Assembly, Informatics and Corporate Relations. "Creating an encompassing showcase on artificial intelligence for exhibitors, educators and researchers will create a dynamic environment for our attendees."
The one-stop AI destination provides expanded opportunities, including:
- Over 100 companies focused on AI products and solutions participating in more than 40,000 sq. ft. of exhibit space.
- AI Showcase Theater – A larger open-air theater located in the center of the Showcase will host 39 twenty-minute vendor presentations on various AI topics throughout the week.
- RSNA Deep Learning Classroom – Previously located in the Learning Center, this popular hands-on classroom will host 14 courses for practicing radiologists to understand the ways in which AI is clinically relevant to them.
- Hands-on Classroom – A new classroom for vendors to demonstrate their products in a hands-on environment.
- Special RSNA Exhibit – RSNA will host a demonstration of emerging data technologies and the data standards that enable them in the AI Showcase area. The demonstration will show how AI and other decision support tools can be incorporated in the radiology workflow, and the structured data capture needed for these tools to work effectively.
- Network Opportunities – Dedicated, comfortable areas throughout the Showcase where attendees can network, relax and recharge.
"High interest by commercial companies and meeting attendees led to this exciting development," said John Jaworski, CEM, Director: Meetings and Exhibition Services of RSNA. "We now have more than 100 AI Showcase companies participating—which is up 25 percent over 2018's final showcase figures—and the AI Theater, Deep Learning Classroom and Hands-on Classroom will provide various educational opportunities on artificial intelligence within the Showcase."
RSNA 2019 will take place December 1 to December 6 at McCormick Place in Chicago. The meeting's theme is "See Possibilities Together."
The RSNA 2019 AI Showcase will be located in the North Building, Level 1, Hall C. AI Showcase hours are Sunday, December 1 — Wednesday, December 4, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Thursday, December 5, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The current floor plan and meeting program can be found on RSNA Meeting Central at http://rsna2019.rsna.org
RSNA is an association of over 53,400 radiologists, radiation oncologists, medical physicists and related scientists, promoting excellence in patient care and health care delivery through education, research and technologic innovation. The Society is based in Oak Brook, Ill. (RSNA.org)
RSNA's Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting is the world's premier scientific and educational forum in radiology. Official registration for RSNA 2018 totaled 52,985.