Released: November 03, 2017
103rd SCIENTIFIC ASSEMBLY AND ANNUAL MEETING,
RADIOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF NORTH AMERICA
Sunday, November 26 – Friday, December 1, 2016,
McCormick Place, Chicago, Illinois
(as of 10/09/17)
- RSNA® has over 54,000 members in 145 countries.
- The 2016 RSNA Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting hosted 54,037 registrants, including 26,988 healthcare professionals. The scientific assembly is the premier annual radiology forum in the world. It has been held consecutively in Chicago since 1985. McCormick Place was first used in 1975.
- Full RSNA members in North America pay 2018 dues of $545 annually. Membership benefits are worth at least $1,984 ($950 for annual meeting with advance registration, $200 for virtual meeting, $814 for print editions of Radiology and RadioGraphics and $20 for RSNA News—value based on nonmember North American subscription rates).
Members receive free access to continuing medical education (CME) credit, RSNA CME Repository, free access to online RSNA journals and many indirect benefits.
- RSNA publishes two peer-reviewed medical journals:
Herbert Y. Kressel, M.D., Editor, Boston, Mass. (Through 2017)
David A. Bluemke, M.D., Editor, Madison, Wis. (Beginning 2018)
Jeffrey S. Klein, M.D., Editor, Burlington, Vt.
- Print and online circulation is 53,772 for Radiology, 52,921 for RadioGraphics and 52,800 for RSNA News.
- Since June 2002, more than 1,609,246 CME certificates have been awarded for RSNA online education.
- There are more than 600 online CME activities (excluding USB/physical products).
- Since 1984, the RSNA Research & Education (R&E) Foundation has provided $55 million in grant support to fund approximately 1,200 educators and investigators.
- The RSNA Board of Directors has eight members, each serving a six-year term.
- RSNA employs 232 people.
- RSNA headquarters is located at 820 Jorie Blvd., Oak Brook, Ill.
RSNA ANNUAL MEETING FACTS
(as of 10/09/17, some numbers subject to change)
The Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA®) is the world's premier scientific and educational forum in radiology.
Facts about the meeting include:
- 6 days of educational programs for radiologists, radiation oncologists, physicists in medicine, radiologic technologists and allied healthcare professionals
- For RSNA 2017, the Society has secured more than 139,000 room nights at 89 downtown Chicago hotels
- 667 technical exhibits will occupy 411,575 square feet
- 119 of the exhibitors are first-time exhibitors at RSNA
- Attendees will contribute $130 million to Chicago's economy
- 1,712 scientific papers in 16 subspecialties: breast; cardiac; chest; emergency radiology; gastrointestinal; genitourinary; health services, policy and research; informatics; molecular imaging; musculoskeletal; neuroradiology; nuclear medicine; pediatric; physics; radiation oncology and radiobiology; and vascular and interventional;
- 434 education courses and 7 plenary sessions
- 1,812 education exhibits and 867 scientific posters featured in the Lakeside Learning Center
RSNA is committed to hosting one of the most sustainable meetings in the industry. Waste diversion is the prevention and reduction of generated waste through source reduction, recycling, reuse or composting. Waste diversion generates a host of environmental, financial and social benefits, including conserving energy, reducing disposal costs and reducing the burden on landfills and other waste disposal methods. Through our recycling efforts at the 2016 meeting, we had a facility diversion rate of 64.1 percent.
RSNA 2016 environmental statistics:
- 2,738 trees saved
- 12,722 gallons of oil conserved
- 644,160 kWh/Tons electricity saved
- 1,127,280 gallons of water conserved
- 322,080 total pounds recycled